|ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT CONSUMER CREDIT COUNSELING AGENCIES|
Consumer credit counseling, debt management, and financial education services provided by non-profit credit counseling companies designed to establish equilibrium between consumers, creditors, and member agencies for the successful rehabilitation of debt-challenged families and individuals.
AICCCA Press Release
AICCCA Offers Five Tips for an Affordable Holiday Season
Fairfax, VA - November 15, 2012 — With Thanksgiving just a week away, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere. The Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies advises consumers to plan carefully for their holiday expenses to avoid a Red Tuesday™ caused by using credit to pay for these expenses.
"In answer to a recent question on our website about being prepared financially for the 2012 holiday season, only 20 percent of responders said they were prepared or at least somewhat prepared," said Dave Jones, president, AICCCA. "The other 80 percent who were not prepared need to come up with a plan now. Consumers who can stick to their plan will be much better off when the New Year arrives and less likely to be facing a Red Tuesday."To help consumers stay within their means this holiday season, AICCCA offers five tips to have a special holiday with less:
AICCCA recommends that all purchases be made using cash, check or debit card. When shopping, leave your credit cards at home so you won't be tempted to buy something that was not planned and you won't have to worry about a Red Tuesday in 2013.
If you need financial help, a qualified AICCCA member office can help get your financial life back on track. Call 866-703-8787 or visit www.aiccca.org to find an office to serve you.Founded in 1993, Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies (AICCCA) is a national membership organization, established to promote quality and consistent delivery of credit counseling services. AICCCA and its members are focused on improved creditor relations, efficient processes and advanced technology to best serve clients and creditors. AICCCA members are independent nonprofit agencies that advocate for debtors, counsel millions of consumers annually nationwide and provide debt management services to consumers with excessive unsecured debt. For more information or to contact an AICCCA member office call 866-703-TRUSTAICCCA (866-703-8787) or visit www.aiccca.org.