The AICCCA mission is to promote quality and professional delivery of credit counseling services. AICCCA independent non-profit member agencies assist millions of consumers annually with counseling and debt management services. Find out more about joining the AICCCA.
Recent AICCCA News
2/11/14 AICCCA Says Tax Time Calls for a Filing Plan
1/30/14 AICCCA Says These Five Moves Guarantee Problem Debt
1/15/14 AICCCA Appoints Rick Bugado as New Director of Industry Relations
12/10/13 AICCCA Says Be Careful Using Credit Cards for Holiday Purchases
10/28/13 Retailers Opening on Thanksgiving Day
Increase Chances of a Red TuesdayTM
10/7/13 AICCCA Offers Red TuesdayTM Primer
ABC's Keep Holiday Spending in Check
8/19/13 AICCCA Advises Research Student Loans Carefully and Borrow Only What is Necessary
7/31/13 "Secret Shopper" Makes Certain AICCCA
Members Provide High Quality Service
7/1/13 The AICCCA 31-Day "Live Within Your Means" Challenge
6/24/13 AICCCA concerned proposed State Debt
Settlement Legislation will harm Consumers
4/29/13 AICCCA Warns Consumers that
Payday Loans make Bad Situation Worse
4/8/13 AICCCA Advises: Rethink Borrowing From 401(k) Retirement Plans
3/11/13 AICCCA Offers Spring Break Travel Advice
Click here to register for the Conference
Click here for reservations at the Fairmont
The mission of Family Financial Education Foundation (FFEF) is to strengthen and support low to moderate income individuals, families, and communities by providing free customized education, counseling, debt management programs, and other related services.
Established by William Richards Cluny in 1997, FFEF is a Wyoming nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and a member of the Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies. FFEF is in compliance with the Standards and Best Practices of the AICCCA, and its Quality Management System complies with and is certified to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, an international standard for quality. FFEF is licensed or registered to do business in 49 states and has a $1,000,000 fidelity bond and numerous state-required surety bonds totaling in excess of $1,500,000. Clients can rest assured that their money is safe and protected. FFEF disburses funds to creditors nationwide and employs certified counselors who are truly dedicated to helping people resolve their financial difficulties by providing the necessary financial education, guidance, and support to become debt free.
Dear Consumer Credit Counseling Professional,
The Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies (AICCCA) is an organization dedicated to making it easier for you to carry out the important work you are engaged in.
AICCCA was founded in 1993, in response to a need to establish high industry-wide standards of service excellence and ethical conduct, and to enhance the provision of important counseling services and information to the credit consumer.
The objective of AICCCA is to promote consistent quality and delivery of consumer credit counseling services among its members.
As you are well aware, economic difficulties and hardships face a great many people in our society. The number of individuals seeking credit protection through bankruptcy continues to increase, and the number of agencies offering counseling services seems to be increasing proportionately. However, levels and quality of service are not consistent and uniformly high. It is important to all of us who are concerned with this situation to join together to ensure that the service provided to consumers is of the highest level and is guaranteed to protect their interests as well as those of the legitimate creditors seeking payment for goods and services.
AICCCA has led the charge for the development of nationwide standards of performance which serve as requirements for membership in our organization. We invite you to complete an application for membership and join with your fellow professional agencies to become a reflection of our industry's Standard of Excellence.
Feel free to contact AICCCA's headquarters for any further information you may need at 703-934-6118.
David C. Jones, Ph.D.
Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies,
a non-profit corporation
- Use of our logo on your website and publicity materials, certifying to clients, creditors and vendors that you meet the highest standards of service and ethical conduct in the consumer credit counseling industry.
- Help in establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between fellow consumer credit counseling professionals, as well as credit and debt recovery managers.
- Unique insight into the needs of your clients through our Mystery Shopper program, Consumer Question of the Month, other client outreach programs and industry research.
- Opportunities to attend important presentations on issues affecting the consumer credit counseling industry and network with members from across the country at our Annual Conference.
- Access to the AICCCA National Locator Line, a toll-free number that consumers can call for counseling assistance and a source for creditors to refer their customers for help. Calls on this line are routed to participating agencies on a rotating basis at very low cost.
AICCCA Membership Requirements
A complete list of all AICCCA membership requirements are specified in our Membership Application.
- Membership in AICCCA is based on strict adherence to a high standard of professional conduct. Associated agencies are required to conduct themselves in a way that is secure and equitable to both consumers and credit management personnel, and to abide by our Standards and Best Practices.
- Each AICCCA member agency must be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, must meet all applicable statutory requirements in states where business is conducted, and must be accredited by an approved third-party organization. In addition, all counselors of member agencies must be certified by an approved professional credit counselor certification program.
- All services are to be delivered with integrity, fairness and professionalism to those who desire it regardless of age, race, creed, religion, employment, marital or financial status. All interactions with clients, including limits on fees for Debt Management Plans, are governed by our Standards and Best Practices.
- There are no initiation or application fees to join AICCCA. Annual Membership fees are based on a calendar year and are pro-rated quarterly, based on the joining date within the first year. Dues are calculated as .55 of one percent (.055%) of total prior year expenses as reported on IRS Form 990 with minimum dues of $800 and maximum dues of $17,500.
- All AICCCA members must participate in our Mystery Shopping program, designed to ensure compliance with our Standards and Best Practices and to provide assistance in improving customer service.